I found this little list of quotes from pre-code movies in my files. I can’t remember what I planned to do with them, so I thought I’d share them:

Vantine (Jean Harlow): You can check the wings and halo at the desk.
Dennis (Clark Gable): I'll be right up.
-Red Dust (1932)

Nan (Joan Blondell): You scram, before I wrap a chair around your neck!
Vivian (Claire Dodd): It's three o'clock in the morning - where do you want me to go?
(Nan starts to speak, but Vivian cuts her off)
Vivian: You cheap stenographer...
Nan: Outside, countess. As long as they've got sidewalks YOU'VE got a job.
(Shoves her out, kicks her in the bum, and slams the door)
-Footlight Parade (1933)

Lil (Jean Harlow): I'm not gonna spend my whole life on the wrong side of the railroad tracks.
Sally (Una Merkel): I hope you don't get hit by a train while you're crossing over.
-Red-Headed Woman (1932)

Lily (Miriam Hopkins): Well, I'll leave you alone with that lady. But if you behave like a gentleman, I'll break your neck.
-Trouble in Paradise (1932)

I know there are so many more good ones out there. Leave a comment if you’ve got a favorite to share.

- Copyright © Movie Review - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -